Dev Ops Engineer
D3R are a tech-heavy agency creating complex, bespoke solutions for clients of varying sizes across a range of industries including ecommerce and travel.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about driving change, automating everything and working embedded within our team of over twenty developers to improve delivery and performance across a wide range of projects of different complexities and scales.
- Jornada laboral:
- Tiempp Completo
We don't expect you to know everything already, but here are some of the skills we would like you to have or be nearly there with:
- Comfortable with Linux CLI - BASH scripting, user management and control, sudo configuration.
- Experience with configuration management tools - specifically Puppet and Puppet ENC mechanisms.
- Deploying and monitoring PHP applications using PHP-FPM.
- A passion for infrastructure as code and trying to automate everything, locating and eliminating manual steps wherever possible.
- Extensive experience with continuous integration practices and tools, ideally both in a PHP ecosystem and for front-end (i.e. Selenium or similar) tests.
- Setting up NGINX and configuring it at both a server and site level.
- MySQL (MariaDB would be a bonus). You have setup and administered masters, managed backups and configured replication slaves.
- AWS. EC2 and IAM are essential but the more, the merrier. RDS would be a positive.
- Provisioning and installing SSL/TLS certificates. If that's been with LetsEncrypt, even better.
- Security. Familiarity with tools such as fail2ban, iptables, SSH and LogWatch and specifications such as CIS machine hardening.
There are some other areas that would be a real bonus and help push someone up that "dependent upon experience" scale:
- Monitoring tool configuration and administration - Nagios, Nagios NRPE, DataDog.
- DNS management and maintenance.
- Web Performance. Both from a server perspective and on the front-end using RUM and synthetic tooling, ideally as part of a CI chain.
- Containerisation and all that brings.
- Experience with configuration and optimisation of other parts of our stack: ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ.
- PCI compliance.
- Vulnerability scanning, ideally with Skipfish
A happy employee is a productive employee
So if you fancy a lie in or need to get away early it's not a problem.
Never go hungry (or thirsty)
Enjoy breakfast with us and there's always fresh fruit, great coffee and snacks available for when you get peckish.
A tale of two cities
Fancy a change of scene? We have offices in London and Chichester. You'll be welcome in both.
Healthy and happy
Among hundreds of other perks like discounted cinema tickets and national attractions you'll also get mobile phone insurance and a great dental plan.
Latest and greatest hardware
You'll get your own brand new MacBook Pro with Retina display, an extra display or two and software of your choice.
Fly like an eagle
You'll be surrounded by people who love what they do and are keen to help. Not to mention access to online resources, conferences and events.